8431 Katy Freeway, Suite 201
Houston, Texas 77024

Call Today for a
Free Consultation

Phone: 281-667-9414
Fax: 713-583-8476

We gladly accept Mastercard, Visa, Amex and Discover.

The Attorneys at Unger & Hershkowitz represent clients in the Houston Texas area, including Pasadena, Clear Lake, Katy, Sugar Land, Missouri City, Channelview, Conroe, Galveston, Angleton, Richmond, Rosenberg, Beaumont, Walker County, Bastrop County, Galveston County, Ft. Bend County, Montgomery County, Brazoria County, Harris County, Waller County, Austin County, Fayette County, Grimes County, Brazos County, Chambers County, Liberty County, and Jefferson County.


Expunction * Expungement * Juvenile Record Sealing * Petition for Non-Disclosure

If you have been arrested, your records are just a mouse click away. Employers, prospective employers, landlords and loan officers routinely conduct background checks. Believe it or not, anyone, even your family and neighbors can easily access your mug shot and the details of an arrest. That is why expunctions, sealing and orders of non-disclosure are a great investments.

The granting of such orders can mean more job opportunities, better housing options and more privacy.


1) What type of records can be expunged?

Generally, arrest records for individuals whose charges have been dismissed or who have been found not guilty after trial.

2) What’s the benefit of an expunction order?

If your expunction is granted, you can legally deny both the arrest and the existence of the expunction order.

3) What’s the benefit of a Non-Disclosure order?

A Non-disclosure order limits who can have access to your criminal record. Upon the granting of an order, law enforcement agencies, school districts, public hospitals and licensing boards will still have access to your record; however, most private entities will not.

4) Who is eligible to file for a Petition for Non-Disclosure?

Petitions for Non-Disclosure are available to most individuals who have successfully completed deferred adjudication. A petition for non-disclosure is not available if you were placed on deferred for the following crimes:

  • Any crime which requires registration as a sex offender;
  • Aggravated kidnaping;
  • Murder;
  • Injury to a child, elderly or disabled individual;
  • Stalking;
  • Violation of a protective order; or
  • Any offense which involves family violence.

5) Is there anything that I can do to limit access to a final conviction?

Once you obtain a final conviction, your options are severely limited. Basically, your only options are to try to seek a pardon from the Governor or to challenge the legality of the conviction itself. That is why it is important that you hire an experienced attorney to before you are convicted.

Whether you are looking to expunge an arrest, seal a juvenile record or obtain a petition of non-disclosure upon the completion of a deferred adjudication, the experienced attorneys of Unger & Hershkowitz can help you remove the stains from your record. We will guide you through the process, prepare the motions and prepare you for your hearing - if one is necessary.

Call 281-667-9414 or email the experienced expunction attorneys at Unger & Hershkowitz for a free consultation about the process of sealing or expunging your criminal record.

Copyright © 2011 | Unger & Hershkowitz, Attorneys at Law | All Rights Reserved | Disclaimer | Sitemap

This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice regarding their individual legal issues.